Nigel is an experienced senior IT, IP, sports, travel and general commercial lawyer. He began his career at Norton Rose and spent over 18 years in-house in large multinationals, start-ups and turnarounds, including IMG, Hogg Robinson Group, Spendvision and Peverel, latterly as Head of Legal and Company Secretary.
He has a keen understanding of what companies want from their legal advisers, and he ensures that his legal input adds value and supports a company’s commercial and operational imperatives.
Key specialisms include
- commercial contracts;
- general counsel services;
- special projects;
- legal health checks;
- legal A&E; and
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts, from extremely short tactical agreements to multi-million pound international agreements, for IT, sports, new media, mobile payments, travel and property management;
- training numerous in-house lawyers and contract negotiators, including practical hints and tips about how to add and safeguard value and provide the service which the business requires;
- providing specific and strategic input to companies which do not have in-house legal resource but where experienced legal input is required to help focus, guide, support and act as a sounding board;
- acting as a single point of management and contact for a project in order to allow key legal staff to concentrate on business as usual;
- stepping in when contracts and negotiations are going off the rails and a fresh pair of experienced eyes has been needed to assess the situation and bring it back on track; and
- providing legal health check audits for investors and management to ensure a business has the correct legal and contractual foundations for expansion whether by rolling out new products and services, attracting new investment, or moving into new territories or preparing for sale.
- Norton Rose
- Hogg Robinson Group