Regulatory and compliance
The reputation of your organisation is vital to its success, and failure to comply with regulatory law can have damaging consequences for your company’s reputation. With the scope of regulation continually increasing, it is important to have a strong legal team on hand which provides clear, preventative advice.
At Artington Legal, our solicitors have years of experience in working with businesses in regulated sectors and in the area of competition law. We have advised hundreds of directors to ensure that they do not fall short of their legal obligations.
We recognise the need to minimise the impact of regulatory issues on our clients’ businesses, which is why we focus on providing proactive advice. Our experienced lawyers have broad knowledge of regulatory law across Europe and are well placed to act quickly in regulatory interventions to avoid negative impact on your business.
Our services include:
Our lawyers can provide assistance with various corporate compliance issues, including:
- Bribery Act;
- anti-money laundering;
- competition and anti-trust;
- data protection and privacy;
- health and safety; and
Within the financial services sector, our advice covers:
- FCA investigations;
- financial conduct complaints and compensation; and
- compliance management audits – pre-FCA visit.
Our advice covers:
- advising on horizontal and vertical agreements;
- dominant position;
- market foreclosure; and
- anti competitive behaviour.
Our team’s recent experience includes:
- abuse of a UK dominant position, including advice relating to anti-competitive contractual restraints;
- guiding and assisting a client on corporate governance arrangements and various compliance issues;
- leading compliance and fraud investigations in the Middle East and Asia, with responsibility for regulatory, competition law, trade sanctions, privacy and data protection, and anti-bribery issues;
- critical business continuity advice and management in a sole UK in-house placement for Europe’s largest consumer e-commerce portal;
- advising on the implications of Brexit;
- advising on IR35 compliance;
- advising on a new regulatory framework in China; and
- being responsible for operational company secretarial matters, including board advice on a range of compliance matters.
If you would like to know more please contact us