Having trained in the City of London I moved to a niche practice specialising in drinks, hospitality and leisure acting for renowned licensed operators. More latterly, I diversified to Head of Property for a FTSE 250 leisure business, performing a hybrid role of Estates Director and Property Counsel.
From managing the mixed tenure estate with a value of approximately £120 million I have an in-depth knowledge of the commercial and legal challenges faced by the hospitality and leisure industry.
Key specialisms include:
- Portfolio acquisitions and disposals (including business sales of licensed property)
- Estate management
- Landlord and tenant including lease negotiations and re-gears
Recent examples of how we have helped our clients include:
- Negotiating lease re-gears with institutional investors including the co-ordination of rent reduction projects.
- Management of lease assignment projects as part of numerous intercompany restructures.
- Promoting good estate management by preparing full title summaries and where relevant full lease summaries.
- Portfolio acquisition of 365 public houses.
- Portfolio disposal of 300 public houses to international investors and developers.
- Preparation of a property based data room to facilitate the de-listing of a Plc
- Managing the property aspect for the Prospectus and completion of a £36 million fund raising from shareholders by way of a share placing.
BPP Law School
University of Surrey – BA (Hons) Classics
I enjoy hosting dinner parties, upcycling furniture and spending quality time with my husband and two children.