Sara is a highly-skilled commercial lawyer with six years’ experience working in a global role for the world’s largest publicly traded oil services company; and a further six years running her own employment law business in the UK.
- supply chain; and
- general commercial.
- non-contentious employment law, such as advising on service agreements, terms and conditions, policies and procedures, staff handbooks, TUPE, termination of employment (including redundancy), grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- contentious employment law, such as advising on Employment Tribunal claims (including discrimination, whistleblowing and TUPE) and appeals and reviewing settlement agreements;
- general legal support for HR and small businesses including legal health checks and training on issues such as contract formation, recruitment, managing sickness absence, conducting grievances and disciplinary processes and dismissals;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including supply of goods and services, licence and standard form agreements; and
- commercial marine law, reviewing and drafting vessel charters and shipyard agreements.
Examples of how Sara has helped clients include:
- advising a senior Legal Counsel of a multinational telecoms company on a sex discrimination claim and negotiating a high-value settlement package;
- advising a senior Q&A Manager within a large nuclear services company in relation to a disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claim resulting in a substantial settlement;
- providing in-house legal support and advice on a number of complex, high-value (approx. US$600 million) vessel purchases enabling company to pursue its strategic goals; and
- advising on the licensing of proprietary technology to a competitor.
Joined Artington Legal
Maclay, Murray & Spens
Employment Lawyers Association
Sara is a keen property developer and has recently finished building her own house to her own design. She is happiest when out and about enjoying the great outdoors with her daughter, enjoys travelling and has recently taken up sailing.