Rachel has extensive experience in complex commercial real estate transactions from acquisitions, development from the ground up, master contracts and building management. More recently she has worked as in-house counsel as a commercial lawyer and has broad commercial experience in acting for SME’s.
- commercial real estate advice;
- real estate finance advice; and
- drafting and negotiating commercial transactions.
Examples of how Rachel has helped clients include:
- negotiating and drafting non-contentious commercial contracts;
- negotiating and drafting key acquisition contracts, joint venture agreements and shareholders’ agreements for purchases of businesses;
- negotiating finance documents for purchases of businesses and mezzanine financing for real estate groups;
- development of management agreements;
- acting on industrial acquisitions – drafting and negotiating contracts and put options, due diligence, advising on contamination issues and supervising attendant conveyances;
- drafting master contracts for off the plan residential sales
- ensuring compliance of contracts with development consents including a plan of consolidation, drafting and negotiation of easements, deeds of covenant for light and ventilation and briefing counsel in relation to consents;
- drafting and negotiation of the contract for the sale of a shopping centre with a number of retail tenancies;
- preparing and negotiating leases, licenses and sales agency agreements;
- negotiating acquisitions of property, drafting master contracts for off the plan residential sales of vacant land, reviewing and advising on zoning and local environmental planning requirements and liaising with surveyors regarding same; and
- acquisition of sites, structuring the financial arrangements and drafting agreements, checking consents, liaising with council and surveyors, drafting master contracts for off the plan sales of apartments, advising on stamp duty implications.
Joined Artington Legal