Ania specialises in corporate and company/commercial law and has over 15 years of international in-house and private practice experience. Ania is a dual qualified English solicitor and New York Attorney and began her career at Sidley Austin and subsequent US law firms in London, New York and Hong Kong. After 7 years in private practice she moved in house to join major international manufacturing companies including Borets International, a leading global oil services company with a presence in Russia, Dubai and other regions.
Ania focuses on giving commercially tailored legal advice to all levels of management and board members on corporate and finance transactions, commercial matters and day to day legal issues affecting the business. Ania also has experience in international and US tax, trusts and estate planning.
- Cross boarder joint ventures and other forms of collaboration agreements, shareholders agreements and share purchase agreements
- Private company acquisitions and disposals (shares and assets)
- Debt securities transactions, bank lending and intra group financing
- Corporate restructurings and reorganisations
- International commercial agreements including agency agreements, guarantees and service agreements
- Trade sanctions advice and drafting policies
- Company secretarial matters including in the UK, offshore and Dubai; preparing and running board meetings and AGMs
- Company law and corporate governance, share capital matters in the UK, Dubai and offshore
- Providing outsourced in-house general counsel services
- Family office advisor to high net worth individuals
- Working on the sale of a minority stake of a manufacturing and oil services group to two international banks.
- Advising on a US$20m acquisition of a Russian based oil services group.
- Structuring off balance sheet equipment leasing financing with two Russian banks, drafting term sheet and loan documents.
- Working on a US$400m Irish listed Reg S/144A bond financing and a simultaneous tender offer of existing notes.
- Negotiating and advising on a corporate guarantee agreement with a major international bank.
- Negotiating a settlement agreement after the exit of a US listed minority shareholder.
- Advising on a joint venture agreement and indemnities between a UK Plc and an Israeli counterparty for the tender to provide a bus route in Tel Aviv.
- Advising Board of Directors on their legal obligations in the event of insolvency under DIFC and English law.
- Undertaking legal compliance matters under shareholders agreements, loan documentation and UK and Dubai company legal obligations.
- Working with sales and other management to negotiate service contract amendments with a national oil company.
- Leading company re-domiciliation and restructuring projects in Dubai, Colombia and Cyprus.
- Advising on a restructuring of an offshore trust and Cayman Islands fund.
- Working in Warsaw, Poland advising on corporate, commercial and company matters for Polish and international clients.
Joined Artington Legal
Morgan Lewis Bockius, Bryan Cave, Sidley Austin, Gide Loyrette Nouel
Borets International Limited, Eastlink Lanker Limited, Togliattiazot
Ania is a keen linguist and enjoys learning new languages, with Polish and German to fluency level, conversational French and, more recently, Russian to an intermediate standard. Ania likes ice skating, roller blading, skiing and cycling and enjoys as many of those activities with her two children as possible!