Alison is an experienced senior commercial lawyer, having worked for many years at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, in house at EY and as an independent legal adviser. Having worked in a business environment, she recognises the importance of understanding a client’s needs and pressures. Alison’s aim is to give clear, jargon-free, commercial legal advice.
Key specialisms include
- commercial and business law, for example, advising on standard terms and conditions, distribution, sales and marketing agreements, e-commerce, software licensing, consultancy agreements and supply of goods and services; and
- corporate law, for example, advising on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, partnerships, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, directors’ liabilities, company formations and start ups.
- advising on a management buy-out including drafting the Share Purchase Agreement and Shareholders Agreement;
- updating a client’s standard contracts including their subcontractor terms, customer terms and supplier terms;
- advising on the legal implications of Brexit;
- advising on the IR35 compliancy of a consultancy agreement;
- preparing a partnership and joint venture agreement for a client;
- advising on a software development and service agreement;
- advising on an IT hosting and service agreement;
- preparing a content distribution agreement, collaboration agreement and reseller agreement for a client; and
- advising a client on the restructuring of its finance facilities.
Joined Artington Legal
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Awarded The Scott Scholarship Prize for performance in the Law Society’s Final Examination
- Awarded The City of London Solicitors Company’s prize
Alison is a busy working mum who loves spending time with her husband and three sons. She also enjoys holidays, walking the dog, entertaining friends and reading!