Alison is an experienced commercial in-house lawyer with C-Suite experience having sat on the Centrica IT Leadership Board.
Her sector experience includes fintech, food-tech, software licensing inc SAAS and PAAS distribution, IoT, utilities (including insurance), retail, entertainment, digital content distribution and outsourced services. Alison has experience of public sector procurement, and consumer law regulatory issues.
Key specialisms include:
- IT, IoT and cloud-based technology (including development work for British Gas, Hive);
- Data and its commercial exploitation;
- Commercial agreements including branding, sponsorship, distribution, agency and introducers agreement and general back office operations;
- Outsourcing, off shoring, nearshoring, and re in-housing of business processes including IT, and cloud-based services. This includes managing material outsourcings for FCA regulated clients;
- Sales processes and customer journey design in B2B and B2C arrangements including referral agreements, and compliance arrangements for C2C;
- Shareholders agreements, share allotments, partnership agreements and corporate support for M&A activity.
Recent examples of how we have helped our clients include:
- Alison developed and delivered a project for a major UK Plc to roll out a self-serve model by developing new simple template agreements with guidance notes, and negotiation toolkits for sales and procurement teams. This freed up the stretched legal team to focus on strategic and value add projects.
- Alison has helped a Fintech client selling into a regulated sector to streamline its T’s and C’s, and develop a negotiation approach to Customer, speeding up the time to successful sale.
- Alison has negotiated an international licence agreement for a ground-breaking IoT tool and associated reseller agreement with major software reseller in the UK
- Alison managed a contentious exit of a £500m IT outsourcing agreement and associated procurement of a replacement provider for a major PLC whilst minimising business impact and exit fee costs.
- Alison has undertaken commercial support work in major corporate transactions across various sectors.
- Alison has acted as an outsourced in house lawyer to various PLCs on a flexible basis to support and enhance the in house team.
Joined Artington Legal
- Capita Plc
- Xerox Group
- Centrica Plc (British Gas Team)
- Heniz UK
Alison can dance the Highland Fling (but only on special occasions).